Taught by Kate from Sew Into Overlocking, this one day workshop (10:00am to 3:30pm) is designed to give you a better grasp of your coverstitch machine or the coverstitch side of your combination machine.
The workshop covers the basics such as finishing a hem in the round, how to reverse coverstitch, understanding differential feed, and getting to know both decorative coverstitch & chain stitches.
The last section of the workshop is a time for you. You can either:
1). Share the problems you have encountered and the teacher will assist you to achieve better results.
2). Explore accessories such as binders, folders etc.
3). Work on the new techniques you've just learnt while making fabric and/or a scarf. You can either bring light-weight fabric or purchase some on the day from The Cloth Shop.
A workbook is provided as part of the class fee.
* Your coverstitch machine/combination machine - in good working order. Having your machine serviced before class is advisable to avoid disappointment. If your machine is not working properly you will not get the most out of the class.
* Foot control & power lead
* All the accessories that came with the overlocker i.e. screw drivers, tweezers etc
* Spare needles for your coverstitch machine in size 14’s.
* All extra accessory feet and attachments i.e. binders (if wanting to explore knit binders then please bring the fabric types you are wanting to work with)
* Instruction manual
* 4 spools of good quality thread for the work book (I recommend maxilock, seracor, rasant)
* If wanting to learn fabric making - one piece of printed or
plain chiffon fabric 40 cm wide x 140/150 long, one spool of variegated thread (maxi lock swirls works well in most) and 3 x polyester threads (can all be different colours which coordinate with fabric or variegated thread maxilock swirls are ideal for this)
* Any fabrics you are finding difficult to work with on a coversitch or pieces you need help getting a better result with.
* Fabric scissors
* Thread snips
* Optional - other play items to bring from home - pieces of Aqua web (warm water wash away), printed and plain light weight fabric pieces ie chiffon, organza.
If you are are unwell on the day of the workshop please notify us and do not attend. During these 'Covid Times' we will do our best to try and transfer your booking to a later date. Please note that the tutor for this workshop is external and a 'later date' might be some time away or even an unknown date.
* Please arrive 10mins before class.
* Parking available at the rear of the store via the lane-way.
* Half an hour is set aside for lunch but you'll need to BYO food.
* Tea and coffee provided.
The Fine Print:
* Classes are to be paid in full at the time of booking
* If you are purchasing as a gift, please let us know in the notes field during checkout the name & phone number of the attendee.
* All classes remain the property of The Cloth Shop and can not be traded or on-sold without consent.
* Cancellations aren't guaranteed, but with adequate prior notice and the ability for us to re-sell your place, you may be able to transfer to another date.
* If The Cloth Shop cancels the class you can choose to a transfer to a new date, be issued a gift card to the value of the class, or a full refund.