In this one day workshop (9:30am to 2pm) Taught by Anna (aka Blogless Anna) you'll sew a Genoa Tote that will be a well-used and loved addition to your bag collection.
The lined tote bag includes a zippered pocket, key clip and leather handles. Learn how to sneakily attached the lining to the base of the bag, how to insert a zip, and gain some experience with working with leather. The handles will be pre-cut and supplied and you'll have experience with attaching them to the tote with double capped rivets (hammers supplied!). Practice leather and rivets will be available for participants to hone their skills.
Anna will supply a paper copy of the pattern, a leather handles, rivets, a key clip and a zip.
You'll need to bring, or buy on the day, fabric for your project & thread. Please note, the Genoa Tote comes in three sizes (the medium is the size shown in photos). See below for fabric amounts:
Small: Main fabric - 50cm / Lining - 35 cm / Contrast Lining - 35 cm
Medium: Main fabric - 60cm / Lining - 45 cm / Contrast Lining - 35 cm
Large: Main fabric - 70cm / Lining - 60 cm / Contrast Lining - 35 cm
Please also bring:
* Your sewing machine (in good working order)
* Foot control & power lead
* Zipper foot
* Fabric scissors
* Thread snips
* Tape Measure
* Hand sewing needle
If you are are unwell on the day of the workshop please notify us and do not attend. During these 'Covid Times' we will do our best to try and transfer your booking to a later date. Please note that the tutor for this workshop is external and a 'later date' might be some time away or even an unknown date.
* Please arrive 10mins before class... or earlier if you'll be purchasing fabric for your project
* Parking available at the rear of the store via the lane-way.
* Half an hour is set aside for lunch but you'll need to BYO food or purchase from a nearby cafe.
* Tea and coffee provided.
The Fine Print:
* Classes are to be paid in full at the time of booking
* If you are purchasing as a gift, please let us know in the notes field during checkout the name & phone number of the attendee.
* All classes remain the property of The Cloth Shop and can not be traded or on-sold without consent.
* Cancellations aren't guaranteed, but with adequate prior notice and the ability for us to re-sell your place, you may be able to transfer to another date.
* If The Cloth Shop cancels the class you can choose to a transfer to a new date, be issued a gift card to the value of the class, or a full refund.