Taught by Kate from Sew Into Overlocking, this one day workshop (10:00am to 3:30pm) is perfect for a raw beginner or someone who has some overlocker knowledge. It offers students a greater understanding of their overlocker and allows them to continue using it at home confidently. The kit provided covers a comprehensive 23-page workbook and all fabrics required for the day.
The course covers four thread overlocking, understanding tensions, three thread overlocking, rolled hems, understanding differential feed, techniques for better results when stitching a circle, inside corners, outside corners and working with difficult fabrics. Kate also covers the multitude of applications for rolled hems!
* Your overlocker - in good working order. Having your machine serviced before class is advisable to avoid disappointment. If your machine is not working properly you will not get the most out of the class.
* Foot control & power lead
* Instruction manual
* All the accessories that came with your overlocker i.e. screw drivers, tweezers etc
* Rolled hem plate. This is machine dependent. Some overlockers (mostly older models) required a separate metal plate (under the presser foot) to achieve a rolled hem. Most newer machines have a built-in slide adjustment on the needle plate and therefore don't require a rolled hem plate.
* Spare needles for your overlocker
* 4 spools of good quality overlocking thread (4 different colours works well to help understand the stitch formation – if your overlocker has coloured threading paths try to match those colours i.e. orange, green, red, blue)
* Fabric scissors
* Thread snips
* Please arrive 10mins before class.
* Parking available at the rear of the store via the lane-way.
* Half an hour is set aside for lunch. Please BYO food or purchase at a nearby cafe.
* Tea and coffee provided.
Please read the 'fine print' below before purchasing. If you have any questions about these workshops, please call the shop on (03) 9499 8118 rather than emailing.
The Fine Print:
* Classes are to be paid in full at the time of booking
* If you are purchasing as a gift, please let us know in the notes field during checkout the name & phone number of the attendee.
* All classes remain the property of The Cloth Shop and can not be traded or on-sold without consent.
* Unfortunately our classes are non-refundable. If you are able to give us more than a week's notice, and we are able to resell your spot, we may be able to place you into another class. This is not guaranteed, but we'll try our best.
* If The Cloth Shop cancels the class you can transfer to a new date, be issued a gift card to the value of the class, or be given a full refund.