Taught by Kate from Sew Into Overlocking, this one day workshop (10:00am to 3:30pm) is for students who have already completed the 'Learning to Love Your Overlocker' workshop.
This workshop explores flatlocking and ladder stitch in much more depth. Specifically, you'll learn about wide and narrow flatlocking and their various decorative applications, including ribbon work, decorative thread, beading, lace insertion and creating a blind hem stitch. All the fabrics required to complete the workbook and project will be provided.
* The workbook from your Learning to Love Your Overlocker Workshop
* Your overlocker - in good working order. Having your machine serviced before class is advisable to avoid disappointment. If your machine is not working properly you will not get the most out of the class.
* Foot control & power lead
* Instruction manual
* All the accessories that came with your overlocker i.e. screw drivers, tweezers etc
* Spare needles for your overlocker
* 4 spools of black overlocking thread
* 1 spool of grey thread
* Fabric scissors and rotary cutter
* Fabric clips or pins
* Thread snips
If you are are unwell on the day of the workshop please notify us and do not attend. During these 'Covid Times' we will do our best to try and transfer your booking to a later date. Please note that the tutor for this workshop is external and a 'later date' might be some time away or even an unknown date.
* Please arrive 10mins before class.
* Parking available at the rear of the store via the lane-way.
* Half an hour is set aside for lunch but you'll need to BYO food.
* Tea and coffee provided.
The Fine Print:
* Classes are to be paid in full at the time of booking
* If you are purchasing as a gift, please let us know in the notes field during checkout the name & phone number of the attendee.
* All classes remain the property of The Cloth Shop and can not be traded or on-sold without consent.
* Cancellations aren't guaranteed, but with adequate prior notice and the ability for us to re-sell your place, you may be able to transfer to another date.
* If The Cloth Shop cancels the class you can choose to a transfer to a new date, be issued a gift card to the value of the class, or a full refund.