Taught by Kate from Sew Into Overlocking, this one day workshop (10:00am to 3:30pm) is perfect for a raw beginner or someone who has some overlocker knowledge. It offers students a greater understanding of their overlocker and allows them to continue using it at home confidently. The kit provided covers a comprehensive 23-page workbook and all fabrics required for the day.
The course covers four thread overlocking, understanding tensions, three thread overlocking, rolled hems, understanding differential feed, techniques for better results when stitching a circle, inside corners, outside corners and working with difficult fabrics. Kate also covers the multitude of applications for rolled hems!
Please bring your overlocker, the manual associated with your overlocker, any accessories that came with the machine, four cones/spools of thread, fabric scissors, pins and thread snips to the class.
If you are are unwell on the day of the workshop please notify us and do not attend. During these 'Covid Times' we will do our best to try and transfer your booking to a later date. Please note that the tutor for this workshop is external and a 'later date' might be some time away or even an unknown date.
* Please arrive 10mins before class.
* Parking available at the rear of the store via the lane-way.
* Half an hour is set aside for lunch but you'll need to BYO food.
* Tea and coffee provided.
The Fine Print:
* Classes are to be paid in full at the time of booking
* If you are purchasing as a gift, please let us know in the notes field during checkout the name & phone number of the attendee.
* All classes remain the property of The Cloth Shop and can not be traded or on-sold without consent.
* Cancellations aren't guaranteed, but with adequate prior notice and the ability for us to re-sell your place, you may be able to transfer to another date.
* If The Cloth Shop cancels the class you can choose to a transfer to a new date, be issued a gift card to the value of the class, or a full refund.